Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

IMG_8896-3


{Pretty}


Peppers are so pretty, wouldn't you agree? (Especially the ones from your garden! [the jalapeƱos])

{Happy}
I more-or-less invented a recipe for plum cake the other day, which thankfully turned out very well! I had been full of apprehensions when I put the cake in the oven, so you can imagine my happiness and relief when I pulled the beautiful cake out.  (I still have to tweak it a bit, but I hope to post the recipe soon!)

{Funny}


We went to a rodeo the other day, and before the main events there was a kid's sheep-riding contest. Here's a shot of the contestants minutes before the ride.... I just love the variety of expressions! Also, see the encouraging Mommy towards the right of the photo. So cute! (If you would like to see the photo bigger, just click on it.)

Here's a shot of the actual competition! What a funny sight! 


{Real}
Here's some pictures from the Bronco event  later that night (sorry for the blur--my camera was low on batteries).
Whether it's really gutsy, foolish or just amazing, the pictures say it all. 













Thanks for viewing!
Please go check out the other lovely posts at Like Mother, Like Daughter

3 comments:

Bethanne said...

I do like that mom giving the thumbs up in the picture. I also really like your bronco riding shots. I do think it's remarkable that men choose to do that! Thanks for posting.

Lisa said...

A sheep riding contest! It looks cute.

Leila said...

Great photos -- love the peppers! I mean, I really don't love them, but I love your photo :)