Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back on track!

Hello! I feel like I need to reintroduce myself as it has been so long since I last posted! Life has been going well though. Finals are finished for now, and all I have left for the summer are History and English. I am extremely excited about English as it is a class on Shakespeare. It should be fascinating!


Today, my mother, sister and I travelled to Front Royal for a little outing. It was absolutely gorgeous! We ended up hiking for two hours in Shenandoah National Park. Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera, but I will have to next time! One of the highlights of the hike was the fact that we saw a wild orchid. We think it actually might be a phalaenopsis but who knows! The park was spectacular though, and I hope to go again soon! (The picture below is from a previous trip, but it'll have to do!)



In other news: the other day we discovered that much of our milk had soured. That afternoon, the kitchen was a flurry of motion as we tried to find ways to use it up. We made muffins, pancakes, "buttermilk" syrup, and "buttermilk" pie. Since then we have made many more pancakes, but we still have about half a gallon left. Do you have any ideas/recipes to help us use it up? Thanks!


Image courtesy of the NYPL digital database.

No comments: