Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time to stretch out my fingers and begin blogging again!

I apologize for taking so very long to post! It has been very busy lately, but I really cannot use that as an excuse. Still, I've keep wondering how other people keep posting despite the sudden onset of many exciting, though hectic, events. What is their secret? 

One of the exciting events in my life lately has been my cousin L's wedding. My family and her family are especially close as we have all grown up less than half a mile away from each other. (As kids we used to joke that we were all "genetic half-siblings" because our mothers are identical twins). L is the first of the girls to get married, so we were all very excited! 

The past couple weeks have been filled with feverish preparation for the wedding.  Despite all the preparation, everything was especially delightful because L was not at all a "bridezilla."

For me, the highlight of the preparation was when the bridal party got together to prepare  all of the flowers. Interestingly enough, a family friend used to work in a florist shop, so she taught all of us how to arrange them. It was a fun and amazing learning/bonding experience (not to mention the fact that it was very cost effective!). 

Here are a couple pictures from the preparations/wedding:


My aunt's kitchen at 10 A.M., the day before the wedding....

....A few hours later: it looked like a florist shop!


The wedding party

Just to prove that I really was there, here is a picture of me....

No comments: