Monday, April 11, 2011

My First Post--I finally wrote it!!!

Hello! One of the hardest things about starting a blog--harder than even choosing its background--is writing the first post. After the initial enthusiasm for starting a blog wanes, I find myself writing a thousand "first posts:" none of which make it to the actual blog. So, basically, I figured that I'd introduce myself and perhaps say why I am blogging in the first place.


To begin with, my name really isn't Little Dorrit,  nor is it for that matter Amy Dorrit. When I first "began" blogging some time ago, I found that it would be much easier for me to blog, if I were to write under an alias. It takes the pressure off blogging and it's just plain fun! After having read Little Dorrit  by Charles Dickens and after having seen BBC's adaptation of the story, I fell in love with the it and thought that it'd be intriguing to post as Amy Dorrit (otherwise known as Little Dorrit). Little Dorrit is a very interesting character--some might criticize Dickens for making her too perfect--but I think we could all learn something from her character. I will leave that topic for another post, otherwise this will be far too long a post! 




Why am I blogging, one might ask? Well, basically, it's rather enjoyable and it helps me sort and organize my thoughts. 


A short introduction about me? I am currently a college student. I am not sure where my life is headed after college but in the long term, with God's grace, aspire to heaven with Him forever. I am a Roman Catholic (not to be confused with "I'm Catholic, but....") and ask God for the grace to get to know Him better each day. My favorite hobbies include, but are not limited to: playing ultimate frisbee, reading, watching period dramas, hiking, cooking, writing letters (yes, people in my generation do write letters every once in a while), and spending time with my family and friends. As of now, I am living at home, although perhaps next fall I may be living independently. Um... let's see... is there anything else? I am extremely blessed. What more can I say? God is so good! May His name be praised forever! 


Well, that appears to be all for today! God bless! 

Little Dorrit

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hello, "Amy"! How adorable! I love your new blog. I just started blogging, too, about 3 weeks ago. Wow! Your blog is gorgeous compared to mine. Look forward to reading your blog!

Donna (real name)

Yours Truly said...

Donna, thanks for stopping by and commenting! :) I hope that you have a wonderful Easter!