Monday, July 1, 2013

Might be back

My dear friend Allison over at Faint Hue of Grace encouraged me to get back into blogging a few weeks ago (which was very kind of her) and I have been considering it ever since then.
To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

There were a few reasons I had stopped, namely:

  • I was spending time blogging instead of working on truly necessary things
  • I was terrible at consistently posting things (hence the several month hiatuses between posts)
  • I found myself thinking of how I could blog about ______   instead of living in the moment.
  • I wasn't sure how much I wanted to post online for everyone to read--especially now with geotagging.
  • Most importantly, I found it easy to get caught up, pridefully reviewing again how many people viewed this or that post. (it never was that many by the way) ;) 


I think that if I come back to blogging, I will try to be aware of these factors. Blogging can be really great in many ways. I think it's a great tool for connecting with others, evangelization, clearing one's mind, photo salvaging, recording a recipe or steps in a craft... But as the saying goes: everything in moderation (including moderation) :)

No comments: